1) Extra fitted extractor – a spare extractor is a great item to have ready if yours loses tension or you damage the hook-the extractor is a key component of 1911 reliability. Our bulletproof extractor will fit most quality 1911’s with minimal part fitting and adjustment.
2) Extra recoil springs - Recoil springs should be changed at regular intervals to ensure reliability and frame protection (link to spring guidelines). Wilson Combat recoil springs are the best you can buy and come in a wide variety of spring weights and sizes.
3) Extra Firing pin springs – when a 1911 firing pin spring weakens, you can create a dangerous situation-make sure you replace spring every 5,000 rounds at a minimum with one of our extra power firing pin springs.
4) Pin set with plunger spring – a quality, hardened pin set is mandatory in case a pin is lost during cleaning at the range or at your workbench. A plunger spring is equally nice to have if your plunger assembly “jumps ship” in the tall grass.
5) Grip screws – Everyone buggers up grip screws! We have your choice of blued, stainless, hex, torx or slotted. Machined from bar stock and heat treated to reduce damage, these quality screws will complement your fine pistol.
6) Spare firing pin - If you lose or damage your firing pin while cleaning you will be glad you have one of our spare, drop-in bulletproof firing pins in your range bag!
7) Spare firing pin stop – The most commonly broken part on a factory 1911 is the firing pin stop-we have a wide array of Bullet Proof firing pin stops to easily replace your factory MIM or cast part.
8.) Recoil spring plug - Commonly lost at the range or during dis-assembly. Your gun won’t run without one of these drop-in parts!
9) Magazine catch lock and spring - make sure you have a spare-This part is cheap insurance to have on hand. Consider replacing allen head magazine catch locks with a slotted.
10) Extra Shok-Buffs – for frame protection during high-round count sessions Shok-Buffs offer cheap insurance against frame damage for your full-size 1911 pistols-changing them every 500-1000 rounds is recommended.